The purpose of the TPSA State student board is to carry out TPSA's Mission Statement. To allow students to develop leadership skills by organizing and carrying out region-wide service projects (spring), giving student input on all TPSA matters, helping the board of directors carry out their duties (assisting with newsletters, social media, etc.), and assisting/support the regional representative at region and state competitions; and course any other various requirements as we move forward with the year.
What will you do?
- You will attend monthly virtual video meetings (can only miss one) to discuss any business items arising from the Executive Council meetings.
- Attend & Help your region at the regional competition (organize the events, help when needed, take pictures, etc.)
- Attend & Help at the state competition (setting up, facilitating groups/meetings, etc.) – Be there early at State; the first half day.
- Develop and facilitate a region-wide service project for ALL CTSOs to be a part of
- Be a TPSA-paid member in good standing
- Your chapter must be current and paid with TPSA
- Be a Sophomore/Junior/Senior
- Have a B avg. in all classes (Maintain grade eligibility in all courses)
- 3-4 absences NOT school related
- 2 rec letters (one from your CTSO advisor and one from a core teacher)
- Attendance and Discipline verification record from your Assistant Principal (see the Assistant Principal Link below under the Application section).
- Have a letter from your CTSO advisor permitting you to run for the board
- Have the time to participate on the TPSA State Student Board, and attend Regional Competition and State Competition.
- You will run for either the Student President or a Student Region (1-8) Representative. The Student President will be voted on by all TPSA members in good standing and the Student Region Rep's will be voted on by each region that they represent.
- Your regional and state competition fee will be waived
- Your school's CTSO will pay for hotel room and meal expenses; TPSA will not cover hotel/meal/travel expenses to Regional/State conferences
- A meal provided to you at the state conference (courtesy of TPSA)
Students will upload all the below documents on the Application Form. Students must sign in with a Google Account to complete the form and save progress.
- Choose to run for either Student President or Student Regional (1-8) Representative.
- A 2-4 min video – "selling yourself on why you want to be a regional representative." Please include any leadership roles you have had or currently have, any activities, any projects/events you have organized for your CTSO, etc.
- Your current unofficial transcript.
- Your 2 letters of recommendation (one from your CTSO advisor and one from a core teacher)
- A letter from your CTSO Advisor – stating that you are allowed to run
- A Discipline and Attendance record from your Assistant Principal.
Schedule - updated as of 12-9-22
Nov 1 - Student Board Application goes live for Students to complete
***Jan 1 11:59pm - Student Board Application Closes
Jan 9th - Student Board Information Viewable
Jan 9-20th - Voting Opens for Voting Delegates
Jan 21 - Voting Closes for Voting Delegates
Jan 27th – We will send out the results
Beginning of Feb - Student Board Google Meet