The Texas Public Safety Association has set these minimum dress requirements. Failure to follow the dress policy outlined in the event's guidelines and defined here will result in the team/competitor forfeiting the competition (disqualified).
- All competitors must have naturally occurring hair color. Long hair must be pulled back, in a bun and a natural colored hair band, rubber band, or off the collar for all tactical & Forensic events. For all competitors that are competing in Court/General Pathway Events, hair can be your choice but must be neat and professional.
- Make-up should be minimal and conservative (daytime makeup)
- No visible facial tattoos, tattoos depicting illegal activities, or tattoos depicting anything sexual, racial, or biased
- No perfumes or body sprays
- Single solid color nail polish only; no embellishments such as glitter etc. Nails must not extend more than 5mm past the tip of the finger to not interfere with the competitor or equipment used during the events.
- Keep hair and jewelry simple (i.e., single studs for earrings); remove all other jewelry and piercings (i.e., nose rings, more than 1 earring per ear, etc.). All earrings must be studs. Any extra piercings must be covered with band-aids or be clear studs.
- If gloves are worn, the nails must still meet all requirements above for length and color.
Uniformed Law Enforcement
This Dress Code is notated, "Competitors shall wear a uniform consistent with current standards in law enforcement patrol." within the event guidelines. Some events will have specific equipment notated, such as a duty belt; those definitions are below.
- All Competitors in a team event requiring uniformed law enforcement shall wear matching shirts (T-Shirts are acceptable; however, all members must be in the same shirt) and colored pants. Due to size and manufacturing differences, the pants' colors must only match.
- Competitors may wear all-black shoes or boots. Shoes with decorative designs (i.e., Nike swish) must be subdued. Any additional colors must be in an all-black format.
- If Vests are worn in a team event, all team members must wear a vest. Exact matching is not required due to size and construction. However, all vests must be the same color for the entire team.
- Handcuffs (and holder)
- Training Firearm (and holder)
- Additional equipment may include a flashlight, training taser, OC spray, radios (Radios must be non-functioning), etc. All members are not required to have matching equipment.
Per the TPSA Non-Discrimination policy, the following minimum requirements must be met by all competitors required to wear business professional dress.
- Dress Pants or Skirt that extends to or past the knee
- Pressed, collared shirt
- If a tie is worn, it must either be solid, stripe, or simple pattern
- Dress shoes with dress socks; or closed-toe heels/pumps/flats (No platform shoes or heels greater than 2.5 inches)
- Suit Jacket/Sports Coat
- Light briefcase or portfolio case